Cute Cotton Kitty's Sundress Pattern (If you find errors, please send me a note so I can correct it.)July 2011
Pattern for Cute Cotton Kitty is found at http://www.etsy.com/shop/theitsybitsyspider
Use the same size yarn & hook that you used to make Cute Kitty, or make adjustments as needed to assure the dress fits.1. Chain 35, sc in 5th ch from hook and in each ch to end. Ch 1, turn. (30 sc)
2. Sl st in 11 sts, hdc in 8 sts, sl st in last 11 sts. 6 sc in loop formed by skipped chain stitches, sl st in each st across to end. End off yarn and weave ends in.
3. Add button to end without the loop. The loop is your buttonhole.
Bib of dress;
- Join yarn with sl st in first hdc, ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch, hdc in each hdc across, 2 hdc in last hdc. Ch 2, turn. (10)
- 1 hdc in same stitch, hdc in each hdc across, 2 hdc in last hdc. Ch 2, turn. (12)
- 1 hdc in same stitch, hdc in each hdc across, 2 hdc in last hdc. (14)
Skirt of dress;
- Chain 18, join with sl st to hdc on other side of bib, be careful not to twist chain. Ch 2, do not turn.
- hdc in next stitch, ch 1, repeat around. Join with sl st. ch 4.
- 2 tr in each ch-1 space around. (64 tr). Join with sl st, ch 4.
- 1 tr in next st, ch 1, repeat around. (64 tr). Join with sl st, ch 3.
- sc in top of next tr, ch 3, repeat around. Join with sl st.
- End off yarn and weave ends in.
Slip kitty into the dress, feet/tail first. Button at neck and tie ribbon in a bow in back or front.