Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My RAK for July 26, 2008


Saturday morning we had to go into town to pick up the things I forgot to get when I went shopping. Since we were in town anyway, I got hubby to stop at Starbucks for a nice icy cold Frappiccino.

While there, a couple with two young boys came in. They appeared to be traveling through and had gotten off the Interstate for a short break, and coffee to stay alert.
I had three finger puppets in my bag, each one in its own little crocheted home, so I asked the mother if the boys could each have one. She was so surprised, and said that they were perfect and exactly what they needed. They still had several hours to go before reaching their destination, and the boys had gotten a bit bored. She thanked me several times, and the boys thanked me over and over - sometimes as themselves, and sometimes as the puppet.

It was a win-win-win situation. The parents won a break, the kids won a new toy, and I won the enjoyment of seeing how much the boys loved them and how relieved their mom was.

The "home" for the puppets is a little cup that Crystal Lite comes in - the powder cup. I crochet around it and the puppets fit perfectly. It keeps them "standing" without falling over.

After finishing our drinks, we dared the heat again to drive home. A nice morning out and a nice day to finish up at home~

No comments: