Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dishcloth War? It's on?

Crochet Goddess said it first, the Dishcloth War Is On and in our house it appears that she is right.  Wendy and I also are hard at work on dishcloths for Christmas.

We enjoy making them because they are "brainless" hand-work that is useful, used, and enjoyed by those who receive them, including us. 

As a child I had never used a Store Bought dishcloth.  All of ours were hand crocheted by someone in the family.  But as a young housewife, I never used a hand-made dishcloth.  Then, many years later, after being retired early due to medical issues, I began crocheting my own again and now wonder why I ever liked the store-bought ones.

So today we will be making more dishcloths for gifting to friends and family, as we rest and watch a movie or two.  We had a not-fun day at the doctor's and pharmacy yesterday, and actually are in need of a day to just rest.

While at the doctor's, I got my pneumonia shot/booster.  Darned if it doesn't have my shoulder feeling like it's the size of a grapefruit!  I've never had a reaction to the shots before, and wonder if they changed the formula or if I've just gotten more sensitive . . . .  Me?  Sensitive?  BwaaaHahahahaha~
 

Our copyright pattern for Crochet Easy Dishcloth Pattern ~


3 comments:

Megan said...

I also have discovered the joy of a handmade dishcloth and I have to admit I'm addicted to making them. Why would anyone use a sponge when they could use a wonderful hand crochet discloth. Thanks for the pattern--I'll give it a try.

Stitch 'n Frog said...

Thanks Megan, I think you'll like the ease of the pattern and durability of the dishcloth.

crochet hugs,
gail

Crochet Goddess said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love both knit and crochet dishcloth's. You are right they are much better than anything you can buy in a store. I did not grow up using either knit or crochet dishcloths did not get into them until I learned how to crochet in 2005 and knit in 2007. My Aunt's and Cousin love them. I hope your arm feels better soon. I had to get my flu shoot last week did not have any problems. I don't have to get a pneumonia shot yet. Have a great rest of the week.